Brooks Home Advisor offers the first hour of consultation for free so that you can decide if you want to use our services. It is important to be prepared for your consultation in order to make the most of your time. Here is how to prepare…
1. Make notes of your likes and dislikes.
2. Look at websites and design magazines and cut out pictures of things that you love. See our Links to Design Idea Websites Page.
3. Make sketches to scale on graph paper.
4. Go to your local home improvement store and actually look at the items and prices of things that you will use during the course of your remodel (such as light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, ceramic tile, etc.)
5. Give some thought to your budget and decide how much money you want to put towards your improvements.